Hatch helps clients improve existing facilities or build new ones that are safer, more environmentally friendly, and more economically competitive in terms of minimizing capital outlays and ongoing operation costs per unit of throughput.
Our approach combines leading technologies with our coal handling experience to design and effectively manage the installation of customized coal handling facilities that meet aggressive schedules, enjoy a quicker ramp-up to designed production levels, and minimize complications associated with operability and maintainability. We understand the close relationships between conveyors, storage, loading and unloading systems and maximizing the efficient operation of each individual system while minimizing coal degradation.
Hatch’s experience helps us deliver successful coal project outcomes including:
- Comminution, including crushing, sizing and screening, material separation, milling and scrubbing, and dust management
- Conveying, including conventional, overland, sampling, and specialized conveyor technologies
- Stockpiling, including blending, product tracking and stacking, and reclaiming
- Ship, barge, rail and truck loading, and unloading facilities
- ROM, raw coal and product coal silos and bin design
- Control system design
Blackwater is one of BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance's (BMA) largest open-cut mines, producing almost 14 million tons of coking and thermal coal a year. More
See more Coal Handling & Preparation