Micro and small hydro developments (50 kW to 15 MW) have significant potential for contributing to the long-term energy mix in many regions of the world. Small hydro plants generate low environmental impact electricity ('green power') using renewable resources (run-of-river flows).
Since 1924, Hatch has provided a wide range of services for small hydro developments in Canada, the US and in other countries around the world. Hatch has designed and constructed new facilities and redeveloped and expanded existing ones. Several rehabilitation projects have also been completed.
Our small hydro services include:
- Site selection
- Inventories and ranking
- Assistance in developing a business plan
- Methods of project financing
- Conceptual studies
- Feasibility/confirmation studies
- Environmental process/permitting/approvals
- Regulatory Licensing and Compliance
- Interconnection requirements/agreements
- Fast-track engineering/innovative project delivery methods
- Design and project management of new 'greenfield' facilities
- Redevelopment, expansion, upgrading and rehabilitation of existing facilities
- Turnkey services